Minds Transforming Lives
T J Price, PsyD – A partner in M.H.A.
12136 W. Bayaud Ave., Ste 140
Lakewood, Colorado 80228
(in the west Denver area, 3 miles west of our old address)
Investing in and for your future – For a life you value
We are not a large managed care corporation, or a solo practice, but an effective psychological team in Lakewood (Denver area), Colorado. Mindful Health Advantage consists of Dr. Shawna Roberts and myself (we have skills in several specialties). We also have three trusted associates working with us – and graduate students from time to time.
We believe people should invest, not waste, time and money on psychological services. We strive to be a wise investment, whether counseling or deeper psychological work is needed.
When a person decides and commits to work toward a better future with me, he/she will clarify the struggles or roadblocks they face and diminish them or use them as stepping stones to a future they value (and may not even be able to imagine at the start).
We use various approaches, depending on what a client or family needs, from Cognitive-Behavioral interventions to Experiential Play Therapy, from Biofeedback to EMDR, from EFT to therapeutic game-like activities, and from Individual to Relationship Therapy. Between Dr. Roberts and I, we have been trained and have skills to treat most ages, from infants through older adults.
While a child may exhibit different signs/symptoms of struggles in life than adults, I find ways to “language” with him/her and provide psychological assistance.
- Anxiety related struggles
- ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorders)
- Mood difficulties
- Panic Disorder
- Improving Empathy
- Loss and Adjustment
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) issues
- Domestic Violence consequences
- Supervision of Mental Health Professionals
- Obsessive-Compulsive struggles
I also provide PlayAttention coaching (a neuro-feedback program that helps a person learn to develop focus, maintain better attention, ignore distractions, and complete tasks).
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
Shawna Roberts, PsyD – A partner in M.H.A.
Dr. Roberts earned her Doctor of Psychology degree from the University of Denver.
She provides comprehensive psychological services for the individual and family encompassing all ages, from newborn to adults. She understands how critical it is to build relationships with her clients based upon trust and respect. She completed her doctoral training through Denver Health Medical Center and Children’s Hospital. She completed a fellowship at the Univ. of Colorado Health Sciences Center focusing on child development and family struggles. She is committed to helping individuals heal the past, empower the present, and achieve a future that is meaningfully lived in accordance with their personal values.
We know we don’t succeed unless you succeed.
- Also, there is an ever increasing number of research studies demonstrating the healing aspects of nature – both being present in and viewing. Check out our videos directory for samples of nature videos we produce for waiting rooms and coffee shops – they help a person slow, calm down, and be more present (in an Apha brain wave state), so they are mentally ready for important appointments – or for relaxation and improved health. I have also developed a couple videos to help people relax and fall asleep.